Sunday, August 15, 2010

Long time no update...but today is the day...

Hey folks,

A quickie...

Perhaps you may remember when I used to post all my political thoughts, rants, movie and travel reviews? Though I cannot promise I will continue with such commitment and zest to blogging as I had between 2002-2006, I will certainly try to get on here more often.

I live in Los Angeles now, having moved here from NYC in late 2007. It's been a hell of a ride, but I'd rather it be interesting than dull. Hard work, adventure and learning is simply part of my daily life, and I still like it that way. :) Hence, the required re-building of my career...and now the re-structuring of it. Being a director of reality TV has it's perks and appeal, but it's my current desire to transition into on-camera work as a TV host and write fictional scripts that move me more into the sitcom/long form drama producing world. A mouthful...and a workload to say the least. Fortunately, I've pushed and made some strides into both. More detailed updates can be found on the weblinks below...

Personally? I've had some adventures in this department too. Last year, I had the opportunity to love big. And, love big I did. What's the saying "it's better to lose love than never to have loved at all." I learned that the hard way. In retrospect, I only understand that staying principled in your own instincts (not those of others), owning your own story and life, and truly forgiving are growth worth experiencing despite the pain involved in perhaps re-learning these lessons. What I don't regret is that I gave it my all. Vulnerability, connectedness and fun. Well, there is always more fun to be had. Life's toils often trespasses on that category sometimes. It's up to us to constantly strive for it internally and externally with others. Though I still miss that all-encompassing amore, I'm content to being free as I explore other facets of my life. Who says we have to have it all figured out? I think it's ludicrous that we think we ever do.

Oh yea before I forget, I have two adorable cats now. They are precious, zany and full of personality. It's wonderful to have two extra beating hearts in my living room. Perhaps it is I that loves nurturing them...or it is them that nurtures me. Either way you shake the 8 ball, the "outlook is good."

Til the next time, wishing you bloggerphytes well.

Ciao,
JoJo

PS. For detailed following, feel free to stay updated via these websites below. Thanks in advance for visiting! xox
--
Websites:
http://www.JoVanders.com
http://www.AnActofJo.com
http://www.Hey-Jo.com