Thursday, June 05, 2008

Where'd I go??

Recently, remote pals have commented on my MIA blogging days. What can I say? After the defeat of John Kerry and now Hillary Rodham Clinton, I've buried my head in the sand. But one day, I recognized that there was life beyond politics. And I have been living in this sweet oblivion...

Despite not commenting on the monumental historical precedence of a potential Black president, more truthfully, I didn't entirely steer clear of all politics. I joined in on a "little" political film called "Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden?" And I still have my heated debates on www.TreeHugger.com. Not to mention the difficult choice in not taking on the bottle water industry or Condeleeza Rice. I guess I can't stay away for too long, but I certainly have had a respite from my non-shaving, bra burning activist days. (What an imagination...I certainly was born in the wrong era).

So what in the heck have I been up to? Where to start?? Let's end with the cosmos and start with the Pacific...Over the past two years, I have steadied my course to jump the necessary hoops and fires that have now brought me to Los Angeles. Ah, Los Angeles. The swaying palm trees, gentle ocean winds, the silhouetted mountains. Err, the plastic boobs, the botox vegetarians, the non smoking alcoholics. Who says LA has no character. In fact, it may have too much "character." It's what keeps stories coming down the pipeline. Everyone has a dream. It is conjured with their characters. And the dream is a homogeneous one at that. FAME.

More thoughts on FAME vs FLAME later...for now, let the sunset wash away the ambition.